Huntin season...


Just got back a few days ago after spending some time in good ol' West Virginia.  While hanging out in an old church converted into a loft with it's backyard being pure wilderness I got a chance to really unplug and shoot something that I had never really been apart of until now... deer season.

Having cut my teeth shooting for magazines and newspapers I decided to approach this not from a commercial standpoint, as most of my work recently has been, but go back to my roots and shoot it as a documentary piece.  No flash… no tripod… no ridiculous retouching… just the raw unedited story that hunting is.  I wanted to shoot the hunting process from start to finish… pulling out of the driveway hours before dawn to the final product of putting meat in the fridge.  I shot these just outside of Marlinton West Virginia over Thanksgiving weekend. These were all shot with my Canon Mark IIDs with the 24-70mm 2.8 lens… and nothing else.  I just turned them gray and am posting them up as is.  Let me know what you guys think. James@JamesDouglasStudio.com





And don't think for a minute that I was standing back from any of this... you can actually see my hand holding the hack saw in the fourth picture.  That was something I didn't think I'd be doing on the trip... HA!

- JD

As always you guys can check out the WEBSITE here... www.JamesDouglasStudio.com
Follow me on TWITTER here... www.twitter.com/TheJamesDouglas
And LIKE something decent for once...  www.Facebook.com/TheJamesDouglasStudio



No comments:

Post a Comment